Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIQUID NAIL on the wall

I have just moved in to my new house, Unfortunately to find that they had LIQUID NAILS paneling over tongue and grove hard wood. I am wondering how I can get the paneling off with out damaging the hard wood under it. Can some one please help me with this.

thank you so much
    ship9200

I think I may have this same stuff on my living room walls under the paneling but it's attached to plaster. I have been avoiding dealing with it for now--

Liquid Nails has a product listed that's called Adhesive and Caulk Remover (http://www.liquidnails.com/ViewProdu...?productId=31). It doesn't say that you shouldn't use it on wood (says you shouldn't use it on a large number of other things though), so you might want to test a spot and see what happens.

Comment

I wish people would think twice before using any exotic material for fastening wall panels on existing sheetrock or plaster. These space age adhesives are too good! Most are solvent based - once the vehicle evaporates the sticky stays there and over time hardens. pulling a panel off requires a crowbar and lots of muscle and forget about saving the wall. you might start at a corner and THINK you're pulling off the panel but the sheetrock paper or the plaster comes with it. Might as well just demolish the whole of the wallcoverings and start anew.

Comment

Just curious, not replated, but if you have a mirror that was glued on the wall above a bathroom vanity, can you get it off without breaking it?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =