Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail Hole in PVC

I've got a nail hole in a PVC drain pipe. This is a verticle pipe that runs from the 2nd floor to the basement. The hole is located on the first floor. The pipe is so tight to the drywall, that I do not think I can cut the pipe and use a coupling.

Are there any other good ways to fix this?

Thanks!

The hole is on a vertical pipe so there is no internal pressure to be concerned with. Simply fill the hole with epoxy.

Comment

Thanks. Is there some special kind of epoxy?

A neighbor said to use a screw with some caulk. What do you think of that idea?

Comment

if you use too big of a screw you might crack the pvc. just get a two part epoxy - devcon, loctite, mix a patch and spread it into and around the hole.

Comment

I would be very hesitant about using a screw with caulking. Not only could the screw cause the hole to extend into a crack, any excess screw extending past the pipe wall and into the interior of the pipe would catch debris such as toilet tissue, fecal matter or hair and could lead to a clogging problem.

I would use a two part paste expoxy such as "Plumbers Epoxy" or "J B Weld". Knead the epoxy thoroughly then fill the hole and it will set in minutes.

Another method that will work would be to cover the hole with a small piece of sheet rubber and clamp it in place with a stainless steel radiator clamp.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =