Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstairs Laundry Room Install

Hello all! I'm a newbie, both here on the forum and to home repair. I've got a project that I'd love to tackle sometime soon. Our house, built in 1935, doesn't have a laundry room in the living area. It's located in the basement which is not accesible from inside the house. To do our laundry we have to gather the clothes from upstairs, walk down to the first floor, out the kitchen door onto the screened in porch, down the stairs to the deck, under the deck into the basement and walk across the basement to the washer and dryer. We live in an area where people can see us if we are outside so it's annoying to even have to get dressed to do laundry.

My plan is to put a laundry closet in the upstairs hallway. Where I'm thinking about putting it, right below there is a closet (on the 1st floor) so running pipes for power/water supply/drain would not be a problem. Right below the closet is where the washer and dryer are located now in the basement. So, everything seems to be in the right place for this project. I've got a friend who does his own remodeling on his house and has done several projects with very good results. I may be able to talk him into assisting me.

I thought I'd get your input on what to watch out for, or any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long first post.

~Matt

since your laundry would be in a hallway, I would put some sort of drain pan under the washer just in case something leaked. you could vacuum out the water with a shop wet-dry vac.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =