Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Laminate flooring brands please

I'm searching out which laminate floor brand to buy. I want a high quality, I have 5 small grandchildren and a small dog. I've looked at Armstrong's best quality, also Mohawk's. Today I was at Sam's club and liked the pattern (Raven Oak) of one floor they sell "Living Floor", which is mfg. by Simple Solutions with attached pad, made in the USA. The price is great at $1.55 s.f., the color is great, but I don't want to fall into a trap of cheap price but bad quality. Does anyone know anything about it. I would also be very appreciative if those who have laminate, or install it, would share their experiences and insights about your choice. If you can list the mfg., please tell me what collection or quality it is. Thank you.

<hi>

Dear Sir or Madam:
    We are specialized in manufacture and exporting laminate flooring accessories .Our products hold high reputation by the clients in the worldwide with the high quality and favorable price.please advise if any product you are interested in.
    We look forward to your early reply.

best regards.
    lynda
    foreign trade merchandiser
    changzhou xiangrong decorated material ltd.
    Address: Henglin town, Changzhou city,
    Jiangsu province, China
    Tel: (86-519) 8721550
    Fax: (86-519) 8721722
    email:laminate-molding@hotmail.com
    site:xiangrongcn dot com
    msn:laminate-molding@hotmail.com

Comment

Get it

I bought some of the SimpleSolutions Living Laminate Russet Oak and it's great! Had since the summer...cleans easy and it has a backing on it already so all you need to lay down is the plastic. Find some body to lay it down for you save yourself the hard work.....It's a great floor!

Comment

Wilsonart is the best quality, High Pressure Laminate. There elite series has a 42 mil wear layer.

Comment

I am too in search of best quality of laminate flooring which is available in the affordable pricing as well as fine-quality. I want to know such branded laminated flooring which may never be damaged due to the heavy traffic of the kids. I prefere such flooring as it is easy to clean or wipe out any spots and also available in the beautiful designs.

Comment

I did my floors about 8 years ago and there was so many choices. The way I made my choice was getting the best warrentee...20 years is about what the top flooring will run and a few at about double the price gave a 25 year and some low end was 15 so get the best deal on a 20 year ware warrentee...
            Also for those who have it installed, when washing the floor you do not need to buy any special product. Sales rep in Home Depot said vinegar and water works just as good if not better!!!
            I get a great shine useing about 1/2 cup of white vinegar in 1 gal of water.

Comment

When purchasing laminate flooring the 1st thing you should be looking for is the "wear layer" this will be given in...."mil".

Basically there are two tyes of laminate floors.
              1. Engineered>>>> very thin slither of a wood product glued to the surface of the floor planks. This is actually wood and in some cases can be thick enough that should the floor require repairing or refinishing at some time down the track it can be done by a very light sanding.

and

2. Photolamination>>> to explain this simply, they take a extremely high quality picture of a finished floor, for example, wide plank Brazillian hardwood, they may capture an area 3 planks wide and 3 feet long, this is then reproduced and and attached to the laminate flooring planks. (this is why this style of laminate flooring every piece is exactly the same.
              So in basic terms with this style of laminate floor you have a piece of wood with a very high quality photo glued to the face and therefore cannot ever be repaired or refinished. The "wear layer" with these floors is more often the thickness of the protective sealing layers of film applied over the finished product.

Another thing you want to think about is in what area you want to use this floor, if your using it in a high traffic area with definite traffic paths, like hallways (everyone walks down the center) or doorways (again 99% of he wear is right in the middle) then you might want to consider a thicker "wear layer" floor.

Funny thing is from time to time "Sams club" actually have some good laminate flooring at good prices, but remeber your big box stores will more often than not compete with them even if it is branded differently.
              Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
              Every day is a learning day.

Comment

hardwood

Hardwood flooring has two types mainly solid and engineered. Solid hardwoods are typically 3/4" or 19mm thick, although some do come in 3/8" (10mm) or 5/16" (8mm) thicknesses. This type of hardwood flooring can be installed with a nail-down installation method over wood subfloors. This type of hardwood is also very susceptible to the effects of moisture and temperature, because hardwoods expand and contract with moisture and temperature changes in the atmosphere. Engineered hardwood is referred to as being dimensionally stable. Solid hardwood does not have dimensional stability because all of the grain runs in the same direction. Because of its dimensional stability, engineered hardwood can be glued directly to concrete above or below grade, as opposed to solid hardwood, which cannot.
                _

Comment

flooring Columbus Ohio

And you might ask, “Is it wiser and cheaper to trust my flooring to these guys to do the floor coating?” and the immediate response? Of course yes. These guys are professionally trained and experienced enough to attend your varying flooring needs. Instead of doing the task yourself, with all the efforts of buying necessary materials, preparations, efforts, and time, it is still an intellectual decision to throw your worries away and let these folks do all the nitty-gritty of flooring coating. Even if you summed up all the cost, it is still a wise decision to depend on these guys. Asking why? You even save your time and energy. And that’s what it’s all about.

Going back to the flooring coating topic. Concrete epoxy flooring services also pave the way to a more presentable and even newer flooring look. It also provides strength and durability that prolongs the life span of your flooring. Hard and tough, that really lasts a long time.

Now, these flooring can now achieve its better yet natural look. Thanks to the blessed hands of our folks in floor coatings. They have all the knowledge and skills in the said criterion. Even if your flooring needs some reformation like the treatment to unnecessary cracks, repair for unwanted holes and other things that falls under the same scenario, they can do it for you. So why suffer enough?

And now you are experiencing the feeling of living the dream. Way way back before, you only desire to improve your flooring to complement to your fantastic abode. And here it is now. A dream comes true- a hassle-free task with a more affordable offer at the first place.

This will surely make a difference to each and everyone of us. We should not sacrifice our flooring’s sake because in the long run, it will still be us that will benefit from the end project. And we even can’t deny the fact that you enjoy the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mgripy View Post
                    Wilsonart is the best quality, High Pressure Laminate. There elite series has a 42 mil wear layer.
                    How do these look? They seem pretty tough from the web site descriptions but just wondered about the appearance. I probably should send for samples!

Comment

Definitely! Hardwood flooring is not equal hardwood flooring! I mean it is alot easier when taking laminate because it looks almost the same everywhere. But wood is not plastic so every tree has a different texture.

Comment

laminate flooring

Dear Sir,
                        We are shandong islam international trade company in china, we specializing in laminate flooring, Our products are in competitive price and used in worldwide, the brief intruduction is below:
                        Size:1215*195, 1217*196, 1218*198
                        Thickness: 7mm, 8mm, 12mm
                        Overlay: AC1-AC4
                        Density: HDF, MDF
                        Click system: double click, single click, arc click
                        All kinds of colours

If you are interested in our products, please tell me, i will offer best price once i get your inquiry.
                        Looking forward your early reply.
                        Best regards,
                        Ms.Sharon

Tel:86-635-6108133
                        Fax:86-635-6108131
                        MSN: what0113@hotmail.com
                        Email: sch.islan@yahoo.com.cn

Originally posted by philly40 View Post
                        I bought some of the SimpleSolutions Living Laminate Russet Oak and it's great! Had since the summer...cleans easy and it has a backing on it already so all you need to lay down is the plastic. Find some body to lay it down for you save yourself the hard work.....It's a great floor!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =