Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding RAM to HP Pavilion

I've had my HP Pavilion for about 8 years and I'm planning to get a new computer soon. I'll probably give my current one to my niece but I want to increase the RAM before I do (it's now only at 128MBs.)

I've replaced RAM on other computers that I've owned, but those slots were fairly accessible. But on the Pavilion, the slots are completely blocked by the metal cage that holds all the drives. How do I move that cage out of the way?

Steve S.

what's your instruction book say about replacing RAM? If you don't have it go to product support at the HP site.

Comment

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately my manual is long since misplaced. I stopped by the HP site and found the page I need. They don't explain how to move the cage. They have a side view of a computer showing where the RAM slots are and they're right out in the open. It also says "Your computer may look different." Of course, mine does.

Steve S.

Comment

I'm sorry bud, use a methodical approach to gaining access to those slots. wish I could be of more help. I got a Dell and I need to move my whole huge power supply to put anything into those slots.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =