Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher in Washer Machine place

Hello, I am currently moving my washer machine to the basement. Right now it sits in the kitchen next to the cabinets about 5 feet from the sink. It has its own water supply and drain. When i remove it, can i put a dishwasher in its place, using the same drain and water valve? Thank you.

the water supply needs to be a single valve stop with a 3/8" tubing connection. the drain needs an airgap before it exits into the drain BEFORE the sink trap. In lieu of an airgap the effluent line can be a long elongated U shaped loop.

Comment

Thank you. The valve that is there now, is a normal Washer machine Swing style valve with the hot and cold pipes going into it. That won't work? Drain is easy, as there is already a drain with a trap for the washer machine, this bypasses the sing trap. So I can do an upside down U right into this drain

Comment

washer to dishwasher

I have included a graphic on one of the valves you described. the straight stop is below it.

Comment

You could use the valve you have now by installing a cap on the cold outlet, and an approriate adapter on the hot side to accomodate a 3/8 compression connector on a braided SS flex line.

The drain could go into the existing WM standpipe. You might need to work on a loop, or fashion a u-bend. Just be sure not to kink the drain line to restrict flow.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =