Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kenmore Washing Machine Wont Hold Water

I have a 2 year old Kenmore 80 Series and I had purchased it used from an older couple. It was working perfectly fine in my new apartment I used it for about 10 loads so far and all of a sudden one night I was lying in bed and the washer was on & I heard it making a funny noise, so as I went to go check I noticed the water wasent draining so I played with the hose in the back & TA-DA!! it started draining. Only problem is .. Now my washer wont hold water AT ALL! I go to put on a new cycle and the water turns on to fill up but my machine drains out ALL the water. It wont fill at all. Can someone PLEASE help me!!!!

Thanks a bunch!!

Sincerely,Stacie

the tub should not turn at all when the water starts to fill. a diaphragm switch closes when the tub is filled to a certain level (selected level) if the washer was stopped mid cycle then it would have to finish out its cycle before beginning a new one. also the wash selector needs to be rotated to off for that cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMami51105

I played with the hose in the back... Now my washer wont hold water AT ALL!
      If the washer drains even without the motor running, you likely have an improperly installed drain hose (see the following link).

LINK > My washer doesn't seem to be able to hold water. What's the problem?

If you need any further help, please post the machine's full model number ("80 Series" isn't it) so we can look up which washer design you're dealing with. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

JFYI

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank You!

Thank you guys so much, you guys really helped me!!

I actually had my landlord come by and I told them about the problem && he actually put a longer PVC pipe behind the washer && everything has been working fine. I guess from the hose having to go so low to the ground && the tube I guess got pinched so pretty much, it messed with the flow of the water or whatever, lol. I'm a female so all these big words and explanations are foreign to me but, THANK SO MUCH for your help!!

VERY GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =