Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirpool (Sears) 110 C28922790 Washing Machine

Hi guys, got a quick question. I have a washing machine here that is doing something funky. The basket wasn't going into high speed so I replaced the motor coupler and when I reasembled it it seemed to work ok, BUT now I get a burning smell coming from drum. The drum is spinning no problem, and I double checked all mounts and connections.. The pump works fine, and empties water no problem... I am wondering what anyone thinks it is ? perhaps the clutch is burnt out ?

Thanks guys

Steve D

*Canadain* Kenmore washer

** Sears 110 C28922790 Washing Machine **

That appears to be a Canadian model. I'm afraid I have no access to parts lists for Canadian Kenmore products to see how it was designed.

** The basket wasn't going into high speed so I replaced the motor coupler **

If your washer is Whirlpool's 'direct drive' washer design, the coupler won't usually affect the spin speed other than maybe stopping it totally should the coupler fail. Poor spinning could be caused by the clutch slipping too much or maybe some clothing caught between the tubs hampering movement.

** now I get a burning smell coming from drum. **

Maybe something's rubbing??? I can't think of anything else that could cause odors inside the tubs.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.ca
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks,

Thanks for the post.... helps a bit.. I am wondering where I can get an exploded parts list for the unit so I can see the take apart better, the clutch assembly looks a little tricky to remove....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sdavidson

I am wondering where I can get an exploded parts list for the unit
        The only place will be from Sears Canada.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.ca
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =