Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture in a basement cellar

Hello,

I built a new house about 4 years ago. The house has a concrete porch accross the front that is about 30' X 6'. Under that porch is a room with the porch above as the ceiling with a height of about 8'. In the winter months I get a lot moisture on the ceiling that appears to be condensation as opposed to any kind of leakage from the outside. I do not believe this moisture is leaking in because there is no corolation between snow / rain and the water on the inside and the porch is well protected by a roof. The room itself is colder than the rest of the basment so my first thought was to seal the room off with a door (keeping warm, moist air out). That didn't work. My second idea was to install a drop ceiling with insulation about 8-10" below the concrete to create an air space as a buufer between inside air and cold concrete. This too has failed (and is worse because the insulation and ceiling tiles hold the water). So am at a loss. My next idea is to set up some air circulation within the space either with a fan or connection to the HVAC system (the HVAC connection being pretty hard due to the concrete walls all around) but due to my previous experiences I would like some guidence before trying anything else. Any suggestions?

Arizona Polymer Flooring makes a commercial vapor barrier that you just roll on the concrete.

Comment

Moisture in basement cellar

I have a 4ft crawl space under my house ..so I installed a dehumidifier..the water discharge from it can be run to a drain..in my case I did not have a drain so the water discharge went to a condensate pump I installed... and this went to the house side of my shower drain in the crawl space using small tubing

Comment

Working...
      X
      =