Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace won't stay lit

Hi-

I've got an old floor furnace (too poor to get central heat yet) and it won't burn for more than a few seconds. The thermostat is OK (new, I replaced it) but when the furnace lights, it only stays lit for a few seconds at most- sometimes just goes off as soon as it lights. Getting a mite cold in here

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hate to say this but....did you make sure all the covers are correctly closed ? sometimes as a safety feature they will not stay lite.

Did the furnace work correctly before you replaced the thermostat or has this started once you replaced it ?

What brand and model is it ?

Does it have a pilot light or is it electronic ignition?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

No covers. It just sits there under a grate in the floor. The only brand I can see is "Louisville" and yes, it was doing the same thing before I replaced the thermostat. It seems to work fine.

Comment

Try this web address, it's a link to your furnace model (I think)

Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

I downloaded the manual but I see nothing in the "Troubleshooting Guide" about my specific problem. I only scanned it quickly so I could get back to you, but I'll sit down and read it thoroughly when I get a few minutes.

Dave

Comment

Furnace Repair

There is a safety tripping and telling your furnace to shut off
            Fixing a floor furnace is not the smartest mave either financially or from a safety standpoint.
            If you feel like you have to get this working I would look at the venting (flue pipe etc.) or whatever flame recognition technology it has.
            Beer is not just for breakfast anymore...

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I'm kind of stuck with it for now, but the plan is to replace it ASAP. And on some of the Winter's coldest nights. It's OK- I got a big dog

Yes, I think this manual is for my unit, but there's no hint of the type of problem I've got. Odd.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =