Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Smell in wall

HI All,
    I need help!! Apparently the mouse that we have been hearing in the attic has died inside of one of my walls. My office developed a nasty smell just inside the door and I have emptied it completely and scrubbed nonstop and still the nasty odor. Even though we just had a new roof installed and I was assured that nothing would get in , we did hear what I suspect was a mouse for a few nights. I am unable to locate the exact area where the smell is comming from but am concerned about both the smell and health issues. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. My husband is convinced that if we wait a few days the smell will go away. Not that I don't trust and value his opinion but I have gransbabies here alot, and don't want to endanger them. Thanks for any advice!!!

Firstly as a male I must stand up for my fellow man (chanting "burn the jock strap"....or something like that...lol).
    But he is right....unless you want to tear out the walls in a search of the dead rodent (never a great idea) there is little you can do. The smell will in a few days or a weekish time frame go away. The smaller the deceased the faster it goes away. Now if you had a raccoon in there...you'd know it !!!!

A fully grown mouse can get into a hole as big as you little finger nail, they can climb up PVC pipe so they may well be coming from below not above.

Your best bet for the next week is to get one of those little air fresheners you plug in and don't worry too much about the health issues as long as the grandkids don't eat it there there is little danger.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Hi there,
      Thanks for backing up the hubby.. He is always right but I always worry!! Will keep the kiddies out of the office and load up on air fresheners!! Considering that we have several cats and dogs that was one very brave mouse!!!

Again Thanks!!

Comment

When I first got married my wife knew I was Mr. Right.......what she didn't know was my first name is "always".....lol....I love that line !!

Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

My wife knows I'm good in electrical and mechanical stuff. But the line that always gets me is "I told you so!" go figure.

Comment

Wait Till You Get A Dead Cat In There

That is the kind of stuff that could only happen to my Chewee tennant( hud hillbilly). She bitched and moaned all summer about the smell under the tub as if I could do something about it in a trailer. Then rather than burying the thing she tried to burn it in my wheelbarrow. Funny, she didn't understand why I was pissed off and she never got anything of mine to use again. Damn Hudsters, they may be good for a laugh over a beer but thats it. They could write this crap into a Saturday Night Live Skit; to think they pay writers to make this stuff up. They could just buy up a welfare hotel and wire it with cameras

Comment

Working...
            X
            =