Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool washer drips while off

Don't have the model number with me, I can get it in a day or two, but water drips in the machine even while off. I have had this happen before on another washing machine and ended up giving the thing away. Now, as I learn more and have access to a site like this one, can it be fixed at a low cost? Is this the inlet valve? or what exactly is the problem. In the past, given two weeks, the machine overflowed with water so this isn't something I want to just let go.

Originally posted by Biddle34

water drips in the machine even while off.
    Water drips into the washer tub?

If water is entering the tub even when unplugged and it is clean water (not drain water), the washer's water fill valve is likely leaking. That could be caused by a problem with the valve itself or even just not enough water pressure getting to the valve to hold it closed. The later could be the result of tap problems or plugged sediment screens in the fill hoses or at the valve where the hoses attach.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Water drip

Thank you, I'll look into cleaning out the intake for the cold water as it only happens when the cold water is on. I may even replace the hose (I have a couple extra hoses) to see if that resolves the problem. Is it more likely that it is clogged up if it only happens when the cold water is on?

Hot water on and cold water off results in no dripping. Wasn't sure if that would offer any more help in a solution.

Comment

each solenoid valve controls its inlet water. their outlet combines into one pipe. as Dan O said if there isn't enuf water pressure on the seat of the valve, it would tend to leak. if your inlet uses two valves (one in each cold and hot) after use shut off each valve. this will stop any future problems. if you have the washer outlet valve - (one toggle lever between two valves) it wouldn't hurt to shut this off after each use too! but if this is impractical, check the screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddle34

Is it more likely that it is clogged up if it only happens when the cold water is on?
          Sediment more frequently causes problems on the cold side because on the hot water side it is more apt to settle out in the hot water heater before it can migrate to the rest of the fixtures in the home.

JMO

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =