Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator Amperage

I'm hooking up a designated line for my frige. I was thinking of using 12-2 wire with a 20 amp breaker. Is the 20 amp breaker over kill or should I use the 12-2 with a 15 amp breaker

For a refer you can use a dedicated 15A circuit using #14 wire or a 20A circuit using #12 wire.

I see you have several posts asking similar things. The breaker protects the circuit, NOT the appliance. So there is NO reason to undersize the breaker.

Comment

Amperage

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

dedicated circuits for a dwelling:
        dining room circuit 20 amp. kitchen countertops - one 20 amp per three receptacles. refrigerator - one dedicated 20. disposal and dishwasher can share one 20 amp circuit. island if you have one - one 20 amp circuit. microwave - one 20 amp. lighting can be on a 15. clock hanger - one 15 shared. range igniter can share a circuit off the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          dedicated circuits for a dwelling:
          dining room circuit 20 amp. kitchen countertops - one 20 amp per three receptacles. refrigerator - one dedicated 20. disposal and dishwasher can share one 20 amp circuit. island if you have one - one 20 amp circuit. microwave - one 20 amp. lighting can be on a 15. clock hanger - one 15 shared. range igniter can share a circuit off the lighting.
          Most of these are generally rules-of-thumb and not code requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =