Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 amp 220volt service in concession trailer

This kind of service is available for many venues. I assume it is accessed through a 6 gauge cord wired either to the main box in trailers or it is a 6 gauge extension cord plugged into a male plug wired to the box. I plan on putting in a 100 amp service box with 5 20 amp breakers into a trailer that I am outfitting myself. I plan on wiring each outlet with 12/2 wire and using 20 amp outlets. I am not planning on using any appliances that are 220 volt. I can't find an electrician to do this so I am forced to do it myself and then beg some electrician to at least look at it.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing , things I need to pay attention to, problems, some advice.

TIA,
    Lance

The nearest I can figure is your wiring is "other than dwelling units" which fall under article 551 recreational vehicles or park vehicles. Internal wiring is in armored cable - bx if you will. all receptacles are to be gfci rated at 20 amperes. the feeder cable shall be a minimum length of 27 feet terminating in a 3 pole four wire grounding plug. I guess for a concession stand where they wire you into a panel somewhere on the grounds, you may need a three pole four wire grounding type receptacle where your equipment plugs into and the receptacle is made up into an "on grounds" panelbox or junction box.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =