Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At whits end , apartment Washer machine Model X0380010

Hi guys, i am at whits end with this unit. what happened was one day during a spin cycle it locked, and I could smell something burning. SO.. what I thought it would be may either be the motor. So, what I did was a went out and bought a new motor (no reconditioned one) and also a new coupler sicne I was taking the old one out anyways. and I resambled it, and it loaded water shut off then did nothing... It also didn't drain either had to manually bucket it out.

I sprayed the switch on the door with a little electrical contact cleaner but it fills then stops... never engages. I also took out the direct drive tranny to see if it is siezed, and it is all good.. no leaks and you can turn it no prob. I am thinkin it is something electic, but I don't know where to start. Thanks guys

p.s model is X0380010 and it is made by ingilis

Thanks
    Steve D

did you make a diagram of how the wires were connected? I say this because there is a centrifugal switch with a capacitor start. if you connect the wires the wrong way you could burn out the new motor.

Comment

Originally posted by sdavidson

it fills then stops... never engages.
      You mean it never starts washing?

Does the timer advance through the whole cycle but the washer just doesn't do anything besides fill?

If the timer never advances to the agitate part of the cycle, the water level control could be the cause. It is the water level control what allows the timer to switch between fill and agitate (see the following link).

LINK > How does a washer's water level control work?

bought a new motor and I reassembled it. it loaded water, shut off then did nothing. It also didn't drain either had to manually bucket it out.
      Some models will stop the motor from operating on agitate and on spin (where the drain also takes place) if there is a problem in the lid switch. Check the wiring diagram to see if it might be a possibility on your model.

Other than that all I can suggest is recheck your wiring connections and all wires leading to the motor.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.ca
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
      Last edited by Dan O.; 03-30-2008, 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's. What it basically does is fill up with water and once it reachs the level set on the front it stops... then it doesn't agitate or anything. I manually move the timer on the front to a different location in the cycle hopeing to trigger it either to spin , drain or anything... and all it does is nothing. I am beginning to think it has something to do with the timer itself.

Comment

if the lid switch is anything like a maytag, it is the first link to operate the timer. second is the water level switch which is also a working part of the timer circuit. power to the washer is fed directly from the ac plug to the lid switch then to the timer. terminals TM (2 of them) need to be made up for the timer to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by sdavidson

What it basically does is fill up with water and once it reachs the level set on the front it stops... then it doesn't agitate or anything.
            Does the timer advance through the cycles on its own (regardless if it performs those functions or not)?

I am beginning to think it has something to do with the timer itself.
            The timer could be defective and not advance on its own. The timer's contact(s) could fail and stop any of the washer motor's operations but it would be unusual (although not totally outside the realm of possibility) for the timer to fail in such a way as all operations cease. Each function is controlled by a separate contact inside the timer. One failing is a possibility, more than one at the same time much less likely IMO.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.ca
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =