Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Garage Door Opener Problem

I have a Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53977SRT and my mother in law was pushing the wrong buttons on the wall mounted opener and couldn't open it. I came home from work that night and my remote opener did not work. My wife's continued to work for another day and then it died as well. I replaced batteries on both and nothing seems to work. Followed the instructions in the manual, pushed the light button on the wall, the door control button on the remote, and the door control button on the wall. All it does is open the door and close it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jberg,

One of those other buttons is probably to set the 'away' status. This feature disables your remotes from working. I am not sure if you just need to hit the button again or what but I think that is all thats wrong.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

most sears vacation buttons require you to hold in until the light on control panel toggles from blinking to steady. receivers are enabled when light is steady and off when blinking. older units had a simple mechanical switch that was sometimes overlooked because of its position and black on black color scheme that often perplexed people who never even knew they had a vacation switch until transmitters stopped working.
      note -not all sears units come with "deluxe" wall control but the units themselves are designed to accept either deluxe or plain pushbutton. all built for last 10 years only use 2 wires and the function is encoded via different resistance values in line with different buttons. It is possible for a corroded or damaged wire on a simple pushbutton opener to signal the unit to turn on it's lights or go into vacation mode. this is a problem since you dont have deluxe function to toggle it off. remove wire and cycle power. if it reoccurs replace wire

Comment

Working...
      X
      =