Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie - Light works on it's own.

I've got a Genie Screw Drive and it's driving me nuts. The light on it turns on and off by itself. It's also loud and the key pad stopped working last year. Yes, I did try a new battery.

At this point in time, I really need to get the light working properly. Anyone know what I should be looking at, or will I need to call Genie to warranty this junk??

The only thing nice about this unit is that it opens FASTTT.

Genie Excellerator

You're right it is fast, but the best part about that operator is that it has a DC Motor and starts and stops slowly.

Genie offers a pretty good warranty on those units, so I would suggest you call them. The number is (800) 65Genie- .

The lights are usually controlled by some type of circuit board, and I think their are two boards on that unit. I am pretty sure they will warranty it and send you the part which is not that difficult to do.

You may need to reprogram the keypad by erasing memory, You can do this by pressing # and 8 as you slide up the black lid. And then following the instructions. pres 3 5 7 Prog, then enter your pin # and hit Prog again. You then need to program the keypad to the opener. To do this press the learn button on the motor head. then go directly to the keypad pressing your code and the action button. It may however just be bad and need replaced. So be prepared to buy a new one.

Geniecompany.com has much further information for you. Or I would be glad to help.

Ryan
    Last edited by gdoorpro; 04-20-2008, 11:07 PM. Reason: keypad info

Comment

Working...
    X
    =