Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use CABS to make repairs on W98 system?

My system is messed up so how or could I do repairs using CABS on hard drive? If so how would I do it? Thanks.

you need to get a copy of win 98 and win 98 SE and reformat your hard drive then run the install for win 98 AND install upgrade to win 98SE.

Comment

CAB (or Cabinet) files, store the files used during an install (or setup)

Wherever the cab files are, look for a program called setup.exe

It would be there if your software came 'bundled' on your pc when you bought it. That would be the same program as you would find on a cd of Windows 98

Honestly though, unless it's nostalgia, you really should move off win98 . It's no longer supported and the plug and playness of XP is hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by pbc View Post
        CAB (or Cabinet) files, store the files used during an install (or setup)

Wherever the cab files are, look for a program called setup.exe

It would be there if your software came 'bundled' on your pc when you bought it. That would be the same program as you would find on a cd of Windows 98

Honestly though, unless it's nostalgia, you really should move off win98 . It's no longer supported and the plug and playness of XP is hard to beat
        I use the w98 computer for a few programs, while my Dell with XP is by far better. Most of the time I just use the internet and word processor and 98 is about as good as anything for that. But then there are a lot of things that won't work with 98 like the newer IE software. Very limited. Saves me the cost of two newer computers for now. Next time I'll get a laptop.

I like to piddle around improving them sometimes, especially if it is a quick fix and improves the performance.
        Last edited by ba_50; 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =