Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken water pipe repair cost

i am in the process of buying a building and the building was abandon. Well along the way, a water pipe burst and there was some obvious damage. Im trying to get a guage on how much it typically cost to have something like this fixed before i buy the building

its one thing if its going to cost a few hundred dollars
    its another if its going to cost a few thousand to fix

just trying not to go into sticker shock when i start getting estimates

also what types of questions should i be asking to make sure im not getting taken to the bank?

thanks

Repair costs will depend on th situation, is it an underground break that will require machinery to dig it up, or an in wall break with some wall removal to repair. Also did the pipe break because of a freeze or is it because of old corroded pipes that may need to be replaced in entirety ?
    A simple break (if there ever is one ) should not be bank breaking to have repaired maybe $100's but a whole line replacement will be in the $1,000's.
    Make sure the plumbing guys you use are not just band aiding the problem, if the whole line needs replacing , get it done now, the repair will become the strongest part and somewhere else will break sooner rather than later.
    Look at the break if possible, look inside the pipe (if it's galvanized) and see how occluded it is (full of buildup) do the walls of the pipe look thin and corroded. Chances are if the building is old with galvanized pipe that it may need replacing.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

The break appears to be inbetween the first and 2nd floor and in teh front of the house. The kitchen and bathrooms are in toward the back so we are assuming that it was the radiator pipe since it appears that the radiators are in the front of the apartments and would be the only source where water would be needed.

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X
      =