Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THIS cleans vinyl siding

As mentioned before i'm having a hard time finding something that will clean my white vinyl siding. Have tried almost everything. What I have on my siding is not dirt it looks more like a faint brown stain that is noticable on the bottom lower half of the siding. It's mostly on the front of the house that faces the downtown. Neighbor has it also so it's something in the air that is settleing on the lower part of the siding that angles away from the house. The siding has a wood grain look to it. What I tried was clear PVC cleaner. This stuff simply melts the stain away. No rubbing whatsoever. Would using the cleaner have a long term affect on the siding? You would think that it's a pvc material there should be no problem. Maybe i'm wrong.

I haven't read your other posts, but are you sure it's not just mildew? Is it worse where it's shady? If it is mildew, it can be cleaned off with a bleach/water solution, and a pressure washer. If you don't have a pressure washer, a good extended scrub brush would take care of it.

Comment

Not mildew

Thing's i've tried-Murphys soap,Simple Green,TSP,alcohol,gasoline,GooGone,Ajax,Bleach(ble ach works very good in cleaning spider crap off though),BonAmi,Zud,Tilex,Mr.Clean. The only thing that slightly worked was laquer thinner. With that you had to scrub real hard and then wipe it off real quick. But it would not touch any of the stuff inside the small cracks that give the siding it's wood grain look. So I thought I would try some clear pvc cleaner. It comes with a small round applicator and all I have to do is brush a very small amount on and it literally wipes the stain away. Why nothing I tried up to that point would not cut it I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by deltadart View Post
        Thing's i've tried-Murphys soap,Simple Green,TSP,alcohol,gasoline,GooGone,Ajax,Bleach(ble ach works very good in cleaning spider crap off though),BonAmi,Zud,Tilex,Mr.Clean. The only thing that slightly worked was laquer thinner. With that you had to scrub real hard and then wipe it off real quick. But it would not touch any of the stuff inside the small cracks that give the siding it's wood grain look. So I thought I would try some clear pvc cleaner. It comes with a small round applicator and all I have to do is brush a very small amount on and it literally wipes the stain away. Why nothing I tried up to that point would not cut it I don't know.
        Have you got a specific name and name brand on that PVC cleaner, thats worth knowing?

Comment

We try to clean our siding in the summer on one of those humid days. We wet down the siding first and let it soak. Then with a bucket of water and Tide laundry detergent, scrub it clean. Then with a rag or brush, apply a coat of Armorall. We've done this every 3-4 years for 20 years and the siding looks good as new.

Comment

hi
            ive found that the stuff called goof off in the steel /tin container -really cuts through a lot,but unsure if it would damage the siding..it eats away at a lot of tough stuff with a combo mix chemicals including xylene..may work but try it in a hidden area 1st.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =