Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lattice or other?

I want to put some lattice to keep my dog and most leaves from getting under my deck. The deck is pretty low (highest is probably around 1.5' off the ground and lowest is probably around 6") so attaching lattice to the back side of my skirt board is pretty much out. Is there something else I can use of do you have any tips on attaching lattice to a deck this low? The ground will have river rock up to the lattice and just dirt underneath the deck.

Thanks

what about chicken wire or 1/2 inch opening screening?

Comment

That would work although I would like something that looks a little better.

My main obstacle is how to go about mounting when I cannot get under the deck to attach it.

Comment

I had a 12X50 ft trailer and there were some clips on the backside of the skirt. maybe fasten it there

Comment

Why don't you use decking material and attach it to the deck supports on a horizontal aspect. If your worried about boards warping then simply attach a 2x4 or a 2x6 vertically where needed.

It makes the deck look more substantial as well.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I ended up getting white plastic "mini" picket type fence from big box. It has 2 spikes per section that stick in the ground. I was not able to get the sections straight (some where swaying or sagging) so I drove a hot dipped galvanized nail through some of the pickets and into the deck skirt. It actually turned out great and was only around $30 for the whole thing.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            =