Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement remotes for T'nG 100

I have an Overhead Door Touch 'N Go Model 100 in my house. Just bought this old rancher, and the seller didn't have the remotes anymore.

I'd rather find replacements than replace the entire door motor, which works great still.

I called an aftermarket universal remote company and they told me that Overhead Door didn't make their own products but re-branded others'. This company wasn't much help in identifying which remote would work.

So I called Overhead Door, and they told me that they couldn't sell me a factory original remote, since it's long discontinued.

So here I am. I've taken the cover of the motor assembly off, to disconnect the receiver module. Yep, it's quite old. Here are some pictures.

As you can see, there are no discernible jumpers. There are potentiometers though for the tuning of the frequency.

I've read elsewhere that other Model 100 owners have gotten replacement remotes to work. The question is, which ones can I use?

Any help at all is appreciate. Thanks!

No one have any ideas?

Comment

Nevermind folks. I replaced the whole thing with a Liftmaster system for $400 installed. Done.

Comment

In one of your pictures the two threaded iron slugs in the coils is what you vary the frequency with. It has a free running oscillator which develops the frequency. the circuit constructed with an induction coil and a resistor is called a tank circuit. varying the inductance by means of the iron slug changes the frequency from a basic to a harmonic and then a resonant frequency.

Comment

Do you still have the manual for the Touch n Go model 100?

I have the remote that is supposed to work with the Model 100 but it says to refer to the manual on how to pair the remote with the opener. Of course no manual.

Doc

Originally posted by iRob View Post
          I have an Overhead Door Touch 'N Go Model 100 in my house. Just bought this old rancher, and the seller didn't have the remotes anymore.

I'd rather find replacements than replace the entire door motor, which works great still.

I called an aftermarket universal remote company and they told me that Overhead Door didn't make their own products but re-branded others'. This company wasn't much help in identifying which remote would work.

So I called Overhead Door, and they told me that they couldn't sell me a factory original remote, since it's long discontinued.

So here I am. I've taken the cover of the motor assembly off, to disconnect the receiver module. Yep, it's quite old. Here are some pictures.

As you can see, there are no discernible jumpers. There are potentiometers though for the tuning of the frequency.

I've read elsewhere that other Model 100 owners have gotten replacement remotes to work. The question is, which ones can I use?

Any help at all is appreciate. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =