Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR won't eject tape

Please help me fix my VCRs. I have 3 VCRs and none working. Please do not tell me to spend money to solve this problem. Because I am broke, spending money will get rid of one problem but give me another one.

VCR #1
    Panasonic PV-V4620
    I bought it used ($15) and it has very nice features and I want to get it working.
    It won't eject the tape. It worked good for a few weeks. Then sometimes when I tried to insert a tape, it would load and spit out immediately. I pushed one in with more force and now it's stuck. I have it opened up. The large drum spins for about 30 seconds then powers itself off. The tape is unwound--the clear part shows. Please help me try to fix this VCR.

VCR #2
    Sharp VC-A205
    I bought it used ($5) and I used it for several years without problems, although features are basic and I don't have a remote. One day, it wouldn't eject the tape. No other problems at all. I can open it but I don't know how to fix it. The tape was tangled and I pulled the tape out but the empty case is still inside.

VCR #3
    Panasonic PV-4415s
    I bought it used ($10) and I couldn't get it working so seller refunded my money.
    It has lots of features and appears to work but when playing tapes it shows no picture--just fuzz, either pre-recorded or recorded with this vcr. I think the audio is audible during play back but not the video. It did play back a few tapes but most won't play. I'm sure it's a setting rather than a physical fault. I don't have a manual and I can't locate a manual. It's too complex to figure out how to get it to work without the manual. I tried to clean the head but it didn't help. I'm sure it's a setting/control issue--the seller said it worked for him and I think it did.

Thank-you in advance if you are able to help me get a VCR working.

machines detect the presence of a tape cartridge by means of an infra red transistor and receiver on top of a tiny post that goes into the cartridge when the tape drops down on the spindle. if the post is mis-aligned the tape will eject. if this post is broken off - the tape will eject. if the receiver or transmitter transistor is shot - the tape will eject.
    when a cartridge is inserted into the machine, the tape transport grabs the cartridge pulls it in and drops it down on the platter. a pawl opens the tape door of the cartridge and two fingers go behind the tape and pulls it out of the cartridge and wraps it around the tape head which by now is spinning. the head is tilted at an angle and reads the tape across the width at an angle. one spindle is driven with gears and belts, the other is free wheeling. for rewind this mechanism switches sides to rewind with gears and belts.

Comment

I appreciate this information but how does it help get my tape ejected?

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      machines detect the presence of a tape cartridge by means of an infra red transistor and receiver on top of a tiny post that goes into the cartridge when the tape drops down on the spindle. if the post is mis-aligned the tape will eject. if this post is broken off - the tape will eject. if the receiver or transmitter transistor is shot - the tape will eject.
      when a cartridge is inserted into the machine, the tape transport grabs the cartridge pulls it in and drops it down on the platter. a pawl opens the tape door of the cartridge and two fingers go behind the tape and pulls it out of the cartridge and wraps it around the tape head which by now is spinning. the head is tilted at an angle and reads the tape across the width at an angle. one spindle is driven with gears and belts, the other is free wheeling. for rewind this mechanism switches sides to rewind with gears and belts.
      I appreciate this information but how does it help me get the tape ejected? How do I tell the VCR to eject the tape?

Comment

I had some luck opening the vcr case and manually spinning the loading mechanisms backwards to retreive a valuable home movie tape. My trouble was caused by a broken belt - replaced it and it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =