Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic Stairs repair

The spreader arms on the attic stairs in my house are bowed inwards and are getting worse everytime I open it up. They were installed before I moved into the house, so I'm not sure of the brand. Is it possible to find replacement arms or do I have to install an entire new stairs case?

just assuming the stairs were attacked by humidity and heat and they started curving, I would think the whole assembly should be replaced. once wood starts to warp in any given direction its almost impossible to stop it. be it a material fault or an engineering choice of materials, I wouldn't keep it. now its dangerous for anyone using it. it could collapse causing injury to the user.

Comment

attic stairs repair

thanks for your reply...the wood is not bowed or warped, it is the steel arm that folds up and down...I think you're right I need to replace it...I was hoping not to replace the whole thing and just get parts...everything I've looked at online does not have parts

Comment

Bent pivot arm

I have had the exact same problem. My current problem is finding a place where I can buy just a replacement pivot arm, or to buy a complete new set. If you find out where pivot arms can be purchased, let me know.

Comment

I have two web sites that offer parts and new stairs.
          www dot bessler dot com and www dot calvertusa dot com

Comment

Thanks

Thank you _so_ much for your reply!
            texbear

Comment

Hi, I'm currently having the same problem. I found attic replacement spreader arms at INDUSTRIAL LADDER online (cost around $30. for a pair) Customer Service said if they do not fit then they can be sent back and they will credit everything but the shipping costs. I couldn't find them in any stores so I thought it was worth taking a chance as the picture looked exactly like my attic stairs. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              =