Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to KitchenAid dishwasher

Does someone know where I can obtain the service manual for KitchenAid dishwasher YKUDA230Y0F Cdn model. The repair manual was misplaced. Or provide the equivalent U.S. model so that I can get the schematic for that.

I want to know if this model has a fuse or something similar. I replaced the receptacle in the kitchen, which provides power to the dishwasher. But when I replaced the receptacle, I forgot to break off the tab, so that each outlet would get it's own 115VAC phase. Leaving the tab on, shorted the two 115VAC phases and tripped the fuse in the house main wiring panel. Can't recall if the dishwasher stopped working at the point, but after replacing the fuse for the outlet, I noticed sometime after, the dishwasher stopped working. Don't know if it was coincidence. I don't know what could have have happened to the control board. Last I recall, there is no fuse for this model.

Regards,
    Gus
    Last edited by dieselgg; 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM.

Wow... I went to the Canadian site and I went to the parts link and the had the parts break down for free download but no wiring diagram.

I ended up finding the equivalent U.S. model # for my Cdn model (YKUDA230Y0F). The U.S. model # is KUDA230YWH0. I hope this helps to whoever reads this post.

There is 115VAC power present at the terminal connector for the pushbutton control switches. If someone could still give me assistance as to what could have happened, I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by dieselgg; 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

No internal "fuse"

** Does someone know where I can obtain the service manual for KitchenAid dishwasher YKUDA230Y0F **

Only from Inglis/Whirlpool.

** The repair manual was misplaced. **

You had one previously???

** I want to know if this model has a fuse or something similar. **

Not that I can see. A fuse is usually only present on electronically controlled KitchenAid models.

I'm afraid I do not know what could stop all operations of the dishwasher besides maybe a problem with the door switch or no power getting to the dishwasher. If both those are Ok than tracing the power circuit would be needed to isolate where the power stoppage was.

JMO

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.ca
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

the outlet in question is either a switched outlet or a multi circuit outlet. the fact that you installed the receptacle and it blew the fuse [breaker] with the tie bar on indicates a multiwire circuit. that particular outlet should be wired with a two pole breaker, common trip, so that when it blows it automatically opens its adjacent circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan O.

** The repair manual was misplaced. **

You had one previously???
          The repair manual (wiring diagram) came with the dishwasher. The manufacturer placed inside the dishwasher against the front panel. I believe I checked the microswitch, but I can check again. Maybe, a voltage transient damaged a component on the control board.
          Last edited by Dan O.; 09-18-2008, 01:13 AM. Reason: formatting

Comment

'Tech Sheet' not manual

** The repair manual (wiring diagram) came with the dishwasher. **

That would be the 'tech sheet' and wiring diagram not a "repair manual". But still, the only place you're likely to get a replacement (if even still available) would be from Inglis/Whirlpool by contacting them.

** The manufacturer placed inside the dishwasher against the front panel. **

It is important (as you've now found out) to put such things back after use. It would be hard even for a service technician to look into possible causes now without it.

** Maybe, a voltage transient damaged a component on the control board. **

Your model looks to use a mechanical timer not any kind of circuit board for controlling it. There is one just one for the indicator lights but I wouldn't expect a problem with just it would affect actual operation of the dishwasher.

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.ca
            The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =