Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Ultra Quiet Plus dishwasher

I have a Frigidaire Ultra Quiet Plus dishwasher. The top spray arm isn't spinning during wash. The bottom spins fine and I can spin the top freely by hand. It appears there is not enough water pressure getting to the top spray arm. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sam

Until someone with more knowledge comes along, I can tell you what solved that problem with my Maytag. When I added more water to the tub during the wash cycle, the top arm would spray just fine. There is a water control valve that meters the water filling the tub. It is overridden by a timer to prevent overfilling if the valve sticks or something. The control valve had a small screen that was clogged with sediment which restricted the flow into the dishwasher, and the timer turned off the water before the tub filled completely. I cleaned out the sediment and the top sprayer has worked fine for the last six months.

Comment

Model number needed

Originally posted by samcr5454

Frigidaire Ultra Quiet Plus dishwasher.
      I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number.

Forum Instructions > Please include Make and Model # in post

Originally posted by mbct451

There is a water control valve that meters the water filling the tub. It is overridden by a timer to prevent overfilling if the valve sticks or something.
      JFYI. Most modern dishwashers (at least North American models) fill for a set amount of time as determined by the timer or control system. There is an overfill float and corresponding switch to stop power to the water fill valve should the timing device fail, to try to prevent flooding.

But yes, a plugged sediment screen at the water fill valve can be responsible for an insufficient amount of water entering the machine in the time allotted. That may or may not have anything to do with the OP's problem. Most dishwashers should usually fill to just below the heater element.

JFYI

Dan O.
      www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
      Last edited by Dan O.; 10-21-2008, 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
      X
      =