Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delta water monitor stem valve

I need to replace a stem valve RP19804 for a delta water monitor that is causing my shower head to leak. I thought it was the head so I replaced it with a new on but that didnt stop the leak. I have a delta water monitor which is a one valve hot and cold control for a standalone shower.

I purchased the part at Home Depot

Does anyone have any instructions on how I might do this?

if it is a single handle ball type, shut off the water supply to both the hot and cold. pry out the plastic disk on the handle and loosen up the phillips screw and remove the knob. use channel lock pliers with some tape applied to the jaws and loosen and remove the chromed "dome" with this out you should be able to just remove the ball assembly. mind you there is a pin hole in the ball that you must line up when you put back the ball. if you squash that pin you'll be looking for a new faucet assembly. with the ball out change the rubber seats and springs in the valve body.

Comment

Yours is not the ball type. There is a bonnet nut which holds that cartridge in place. The problem you have is removing the nut and not damaging three little copper tubes which stand that cartridge body off the main manifold body. If you just grab the bonnet and turn, you could join the army of folks who then had to open up the wall the replace the entire manifold.

Try soaking in white vinegar for a few hours, try lightly heating the nut with a torch or heat gun, and if necessary, spit the nut with a Dremel, being careful to not damage too much the threads on the body.

Comment

RP19804 monitor cartridge

Hopefully, by now, you have solved your problem and the leak has stopped. The RP19804 is a single control cartridge that actually separates almost in the center simply by turning the two sections in opposite directions. There are seats and springs located in one of the sections. Replacing them more often than not does not solve the problem. Most people wind up replacing the entire cartridge. Delta has modified the construction to make it more user friendly (less leaks).
        If you are not familiar with the various parts, you can go to the answerline dot com and you will find a schematic to guide you through the change.

Originally posted by lbaccar23 View Post
        I need to replace a stem valve RP19804 for a delta water monitor that is causing my shower head to leak. I thought it was the head so I replaced it with a new on but that didnt stop the leak. I have a delta water monitor which is a one valve hot and cold control for a standalone shower.

I purchased the part at Home Depot

Does anyone have any instructions on how I might do this?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =