Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frigidaire dishwasher will not drain

i have a frigidaire model # FDB510LCS0 that will not drain at all. i have checked the hose and it appears to be clear. i then removed the part the hose was connected to under the washer, and it too was clear. what else can i do to try and fix this problem?

Pump problem?

Your dishwasher model uses a separate, electrically driven pump (see the following link) just to drain the water. Is that pump running or at least getting power when it should be draining?

LINK > Frigidaire FDB510LCS0 Dishwasher Drain Pump

Power to it but NO drain = pump problem or drain hose/plumbing/internal pump obstruction. No power to it would have to be traced to determine where the stoppage is. It might be caused by a problem in the dishwasher's control or the wiring between it and the pump.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

when the washer gets to the drain cycle, the pump is going but sounds labored. instead of a smooth whooshing sound, it's kind of an errerrerrerr sound like it's having a hard time. almost like a wind-up toy when it's about to run down.

Comment

Originally posted by goobytroll

the pump is going but sounds labored. instead of a smooth whooshing sound, it's kind of an errerrerrerr sound like it's having a hard time.
        Something could be caught in the pump hampering its movement, the pump impeller could be damaged and unable to do its job or even the pump motor seized and just buzzing instead of actually turning. It might need to be investigated further.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

A little trick I learned long ago is to remove the bottom panel to gain access to the pump housing. Make sure you turn the power off to it before you try this, because some wiring might be exposed and you might accidentally come in contact with it. Besides you do not want the DW starting up with your fingers in it.. LOL . Anyhow reach under there and you should be able to feel the pump impeller..take your finger and turn it around a few times. Don't force it..work it back and forth a bit if it really acts stubborn. It will feel sort of like a rubber band if something is clogging it. Once it frees, it should spin more easily. After that, turn the power back on and try it out. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X
          =