Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling wire to a 220v stove

i just bought a used 14 x70 ft trailer.it had a gas stove.but,the ball and chain wants her glass top installed.the problem is there is no room in the breaker box in the trailer.so,i have to run a new line from the 200 amp breaker box on the pole to the kitchen.so,lets say i have to run at least 70' of wire.what size should i use and should it be covered?
    i will only bury about 12'.it has a 3 prong pigtail.thanks for any help.

normally a mobile home has a 60 amp disconnect at the service pole which would mean a #6/4 Cord connection. look at the existing cord and see if you can make out any markings on it.

Comment

Most newer trailers/mobiles have 100 or 200 amp services. How old is yours?

What size is the panel? Most I have seen used small panels that can accept twin breakers. There may be room and you don't even know it.

Comment

hi
        the trailer is a 1970.but,it does have a 200 amp breaker.unfortunatly it doesnt have a spot left open.there is a 200 amp box on the service pole too.that is where im going to run my line from.

Comment

Again, if you can let us know what kind of panel you have there may be room you can't see.
          It would not be legal to run a second line from the pole to the trailer. There must only be one feed.

Comment

the panel is a 200 amp service

but,all the spots have been used by home wall lines or the heat pump or water heater.

Comment

Find out the name of the panel and get back to us. If it uses full sized single pole breakers [1 inch spaces] you will need to remove four breakers, install two twin breakers and reconnect the circuits you disconnected to these twin breakers. This will open up a double pole breaker space. Now you will have a feed for your stovetop. Find out the wattage of the stove top and get back to us. we can figure out the wire size from this info.

Comment

Originally posted by z85man View Post
                but,all the spots have been used by home wall lines or the heat pump or water heater.

then ou either use the twins like above IF you r panel is approved for such, or you install a subpanel next to the existing panel and move a couple things over to it as well as feed teh stove from it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =