Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenmore 575 Dishwasher cycles

While there is a goodly selection of preprogrammed cycles to choose from, once the cycle begins the active indicators only inform us that the dishwasher is 'washing' or 'drying' [and then the green 'clean' light]. The material that came with this new machine gives no details about what is actually happening in the cycles. We would like more information about the cycles. There are long pauses between cycles, and we don't know what's going on in the machine. Is it too late to add something? Too soon to take something out? Is it really done, can the kids stop stalling and finally unload before the dry cycle is completely done, or should they wait five minutes for the 'clean' light to come on?

Where can we find a description of step-by-step operations in each cycle?

Cycle timing chart

** Kenmore 575 Dishwasher **

I don't know what 575 is but it is not sufficient to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number as will only reliably be found right on the appliance's model and serial number identification tag.

Forum Instructions LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

** There are long pauses between cycles **

Many electronically controlled models (if that's what you have) have cycles which include various 'thermal holds' where the machine will pause to heat the water until it reaches a set temperature. If you ensure the water entering the machine *from the start* is 120-140°F, those delays will be minimized.

To get the hottest water possible filling the machine from the start run a nearby sink tap until the hot water is fully up to temperature, only then starting the dishwasher. Otherwise the dishwasher will start filling with cold-luke warm water and only get true "hot" water near the very end of a fill resulting in the average water temperature in the machine considerably lower.

A basic rule of thumb is about 1 minute delay can be expected for every degree F the machine water temperature is below what is expected. If for example the machine water temperature was 20° cooler than needed for the selected cycle, you can expect an added 20 minute delay (or more) in completing that cycle. Such delays can occur several times during a single wash cycle!

** Where can we find a description of step-by-step operations in each cycle? **

The wiring diagram that should be inside the dishwasher will usually have a 'timing chart' for the timer/controller which shows what operations occur during the various cycles. Such a chart can be tricky to read so I don't know how much help it would be to a novice but is likely all that is available.

On dishwashers the wiring diagram is most often found in a small pocket, pouch or envelope inside the motor compartment behind the lower access panel. On some models it may be rolled up inside the control console.

Whatever you do be sure to PUT THE WIRING DIAGRAM BACK! You can screw yourself out of getting the machine serviced in the future if it gets misplaced.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 11-20-2008, 02:02 AM. Reason: spelling of course

Comment

Kenmore 575 Dishwasher cycles

Kenmore dishwasher, 'Ultra wash Quiet Guard' type 575D13742K601. Thank you, Dan. I have retrieved the wiring diagram. It is, indeed, very difficult to read. But I will spend some time on it, and see what I can learn. The machine is a newer model, purchased last year (new).

Comment

Not model number

Originally posted by Sandi9

Kenmore, 'Ultra wash Quiet Guard' type 575D13742K601 dishwasher.
        We would need its complete model number to identify your dishwasher and to look up anything about it. The only reliable place that model number will be found is right on the appliance's model and serial number identification tag as the previously supplied link stated.

I will spend some time on [the wiring diagram]
        I suggest you make a copy of it and put the original back right away! (Take it from someone that has gotten stuck trying to repair an appliance when that diagram has gone missing. )

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =