Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Machine will not turn on

I have an older Kenmore washing machine (909483).

It was running a wash cycle, when it started the spin cycle it started banding since the clothes were unbalanced. I pushed in the know to make it stop, re-arranged the clothes, and turned back on but had accidentally turned the knob so it started filling with water again.

I pushed the knob to make it stop again, turned it to the correct position for the spin cycle, pulled the knob out to make it start and now it does nothing at all.

It will not turn back on no matter where I turn the knob. There is power going to the washer, I've checked the outlet.

Any ideas?

Model number incorrect and/or incomplete

older Kenmore washing machine (909483).
    If 909483 is suppose to be the machine's model number it doesn't look to be correct and is also missing the 3-digit manufacturer's prefix number. Please double check it (right on the machine) and post the correct information.

turned [the timer] to the correct position for the spin cycle, pulled the knob out to make it start and now it does nothing at all.
    Will it fill or agitate if set to either of those settings now?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I re-checked the model, it is: kenmore 110.84419810

It does not turn on at all, regardless of where the knob is set, it is as if it is unplugged which it is not. There is power at the outlet.

Comment

Timer On/Off switch?

It does not turn on at all
        Than there might be a problem with the on/off switch portion of the timer. There's nothing else in the machine that should account for it being totally inoperative if power is at its outlet and it was plugged in. Only if just certain functions where not working would other components be suspect.

And no, there is no fuse, breaker or reset in a washer I'm afraid. There may be a slim chance of a loose wire connection???

LINK > Kenmore 110.84419810 Washer Timer

How fast did you whirl the timer around when changing cycles? Was it stopped via the timer at the time?? Turning it quickly (or backward) or without switching it off first might have affected the timer internally.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for your reply, do you know if there is a way to try to fix the timer before going for a replacement?

I don't think I turned it quickly or in reverse, but I might have.

Comment

is there is a way to try to fix the timer
            The timer would have to be opened up and its workings looked into... and then reassembled correctly again. Our company doesn't attempt to repair timers, if indicated as the problem they are just replaced. I don't even know how the on/off switch function on it is even achieved internally (besides pushing or pulling of the knob).

JMO

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

If I were to purchase the new timer, install it, and the washer still did not work, would I be able to return the timer?

Comment

Originally posted by abarone

...would I be able to return the timer?
                Not usually (see the following link) but you'd have to check the individual retailer's return policy. Those policies can vary from store to store.

LINK > Repair Parts: Don't be surprised!

JFYI

Dan O.
                www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X
                =