Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor heaters

I am trying to learn the basics of monitor heater repair and maintenance. As you all know there is no information on the web about it. Any info would be great. My email is icckuss@yahoo.com

Thanks

Here on the forum I have written extensive information of Monitor heaters that cover #20, 40, 41, 441, 422, and the 2400 heaters. Look through the HVAC section I'm sure you'll find it.

Comment

hayzee518, looks like your the man on this site, never been on forum before but this place might help me with the place i am renting. how do you post a question? and am i in the right place? thanks. if you can a non internet savy person out i would appreaciate it

Comment

you just posted a message.

Comment

Yes, I did. Wondered what to do for a heating vent question. not used to the forum, so forgive me. Would you know who to ask about venting the room that your furness is in?

Comment

a furnace like hot air needs make up air to replace what's blown into a room. this is accomplished by a cold air return from the room(s) as you know heat rises and pushes cold air down near floor level. a register near the floor takes this cold air and returns it to the furnace either through a duct or one hollow stud space in one wall. the remainder of the cold air return can be ajoist space in the basement covered with sheet metal. near the furnace a duct connects to the furnace or is left open to enter where an air filter is in the blower compartment.

Comment

so if there is a cold air intake on the middle floor (that sucks air into the furnace) and there is a full basement, than I can proably plug the two (four inch openings to the outside) vents and get the basement above 58%? I live in a trilevel with a full basement. This air box has aluminum windows and slate floors. Bare footed you can follow the heat on the slate floor as well as the outside vents. Boy if i could plug these vents It could help a ton!!! Thanks a ton. By trade I am a ASE Master Automotive tech. Got out of the business just in time and now I own a headstone business. I think I will get carbon monxide tester just in case. Thanks so much for the info

Comment

if those twin four inch ducts go directly to the furnace, then these are combustion air ducts. oxygen is necessary for combustion. I wouldn't jeparodize the function of them.

Comment

No, they don't hook to any thing at all, Just a straight shot to the outside of the house. The furnace is a foot and a half away. No caps no covers just a pair of tin tubes piping in cold (3 below 0 ) air. The house has A/C. I shoved a towel in them and the house is warming up. I think they are left over pipes from a old system? It was built in the 70s. The owner must have had a horrible heating bill. Thanks for the help. I'll keep a eye on things and give the owner a call.

Comment

Yeah you need to start someplace. Looks like trial and error to begin. Plug those ducts and see how your heating system functions. Use a co-2 detector in the immediate area by the furnace. CO-2 will drop to floor level because its heavier than oxygen. check your furnace filter and change it out. efficiency is cut drastically if the filter isn't clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =