Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence sharing with neigbour

We are about to move into a new house. They are all build up, the garden is done and everything is ready to move in.
    The fences where not build up so we have to do that and as our neigbours are in the same situation we will have to share the fences.
    What is the best way to handle this situation - did anyone had a similar one?

whomever owns the fence, it is installed one foot inside YOUR property line unless you and your neighbor have an agreement in writing about placing the fence on the property line. anyway the finish side goes towards HIS side.

Comment

Thanks so much, I think i will have to talk with my neighbor anyway to figure every detail out.

Comment

Dont forget to have your property surveyed

At a minimum have the property lines where installing fence established. I have been a land surveyor for a lot of years, and have seen all too many times people guess at the lines and put the fence on the neighbors property. This is usually a bad place to be. For $300.00 you can have a surveyor come out and save you a potential headache. It may also be required for the permit to install a fence.

Steve
        consultsteve.com

Comment

Great ideas. Very interesting post . My friend uses aluminum fences for their home . Its quite beautiful for its design and the quality is also at its best .

Comment

Working...
          X
          =