Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water softner won't stop!

O.K. My water softner won't stop running, it has been running now for at least three days. It is not in a cycle or anything. It is draining alot! I pushed the bypass and it greatly reduced the flow of water BUT it must not be a good bypass because some water is still going through. Please help, if you need more information let me know and i'll see what i can find out.

There is a float in the water softner that shuts off the water when the tank is full it is probly stuck or the water softner is stuck in the middle of a cycle and needs to be rebuilt

Comment

If the water is flowing out through the drain line from the softener, you have an internal leak. Shutting off the bypass valve should stop all water flow into and out of the softener, if not then the bypass valve is leaking also.

If you knew what brand of control valve I could help troubleshoot it. You can search the internet for softeners and find a picture of yours, and the name, or post a picture here of the face of it.

Comment

thank you

thank you, both of you, but i ended up buying a new tank, it was old and time,

Comment

Working...
        X
        =