Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace problems, touch screen thermostat

Hi All

I'm new to this forum so I wasn't sure where to put furnace problems. I just bought a new home and I"m totally lost in translation :-)

We have a touch screen theremostat and basically from time to time (it's more often than not nowadays) the thermostat states that the heat is on, but the furnace doesn't turn on. Any ideas what it might be? A false contact in the wires? Maybe something needs cleaning? The only way to get the heat back on is to reset the furnace.

Thanks so much for your help and I look forward to getting to know you all.

It sounds like a faulty thermostat, but also jump the wires to see if the furnance kicks on, if it do, its time for a new thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by The Builder View Post
      It sounds like a faulty thermostat, but also jump the wires to see if the furnance kicks on, if it do, its time for a new thermostat
      You might want to check the dates of some of the posts you are replying to.

Comment

If the dates are old I still like to reply to them, so if someone else is having the same or similar problem they will read the answer and try to go from there.

Comment

I understand that philosophy.
          It's just in this thread for instance, 8 months later it seems you are suggesting things for the OP try to make it work.

No problem I guess.

Comment

what are the chances the OP will EVER log into the forum for a problem that happened eons ago. I agree with Speedey. Concern yourself with todays problems NOT posts older than a year give or take. The intentions of helping is great but outdated -

Comment

Not the OP, other people that veiw this site for repair help. If the OP happens to log in then so be it, but I was referring to others that will veiw the site for help. In other words, whats good for the goose, may also be good for the gander.

The Builder

Comment

Working...
              X
              =