Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torpedo space heater problems

I have a dyna glo space heater,,over 8 years old,,on starting,,I need to start the fan motor by hand,,it runs well until turned off,,,I removed and replaced the rotor,,checked the motor bearings are free,,,Im not sure if the motor should spin freely,,appears the new rotor is rubbing,,,,when i remove the rotor it spins freely,,the motor has a capacitor,,,anyone know if these torpedo heater fans always turn easy,,,,or not,,it the rotor is suppose to be tight,,maybe I need a new capacitor,,or maybe need to sand down the new rotor,,Or I guess i can take my nut driver to the store and see how free the motors turn on the new torpedo heaters,,thanks,,bob

those motors are supposed to spin free. if this is a rebuilt motor you may find the distance from the end bells to the shoulders on the rotor a little - slightly larger. you may get away with it by filing down both oil-lite bearings a touch so the rotor is centered in its field. one end of the motor has a four bladed fan on it the other side terminates in an air compressor. 3.5 psi is maximum for this compressor to produce. the air is directed to the nozzle which acts as a venturi to suck the fuel out of the tank and atomize it through the nozzle.

Comment

THANKS,,for the info,,will save me some trouble from the Menards sale person when they find me taking a cowel of a new torpedo heater,,,,I will try to check out sonding down the rotar,,,It hasnt been rebuilt,I had the motor apart,,everything seemed good,,,thanks for the info,,

Comment

Working...
      X
      =