Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorex MVD2042 won't turn on

Hello. I have a Memorex MVD2042 Dvd Player that after a few monts of use it suddenly for no reason stopped working. I can not turn it on and the only visible light is the red one called standby. I took the cover off to look for a blown fuse or something and I could not find anything suspicious or obvious. Although I only paid about $45 dollars for it, I would hate to just throw it away.

I followed the suggestion that is in the manual about resetting it but that did not worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

what sometimes happens is that the platter, the thing that holds the CD doesn't sit squarely on the motor drive spindle so the CD tries to spin but is cocked in the drive. the pressure plate which is spring loaded allows the disk to spin but is sort of erratic and so the dvd spins at a varialbe speed. the laser sees this as an error and tries to restart but there's so much wobble that it stops. check the spring pressure, possibly oil the pressure "puck" wouldn't hurt to use a clean CD for the laser eye. don't use any cleaner on it - use just the clean CD.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.
      Maybe I did not explained the problem clearly. The player doesn't turn on when I press the button to turn it on. The display does not lit at all and the only light on is the stand by red light. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =