Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak stains on ceiling and wall

Last night in my laundry room I noticed a damp water leak stain in the wall above my dryer, it looks like it is formed along the drywall seam. Above that, half moon on the wall and half moon on the ceiling is a new water stain, darker than the one on the wall below. I went up and peeked into the attic above that room and see two pipes, one pipe is right in that general area and is silver, foil like and the other, about 5 ft over is a white PVC like pipe like going to the washer.

My question is: Do I call a plumber or a roofer? What do I tell them on the phone to get them to understand what I am saying so that I get the RIGHT people to look at this. Thanks for your help!

christine

You most likely have a hole in a waste pipe which would not ordinarily leak unless a few people may be in the shower at the same time. Either way you should cut the sheetrock just around the stain to take a look. Is there a nail or screw at the center of the stain? Once you see what is causing the leak you can either fix it yourself or have a better idea of what to tell the plumber.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =