Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceiling texture

I replaced a section of ceiling, I'm all done but the texture. Can anyone tell me how to make/match this pattern please. It looks more dab than rolled? Thanx.

looks like a paper towel texture.

Comment

what is a "paper towel" texture? Do you dab the wet paint with a wad of paper towel? Or do you apply the paint with the paper towel?

Comment

looks like a skim coat of drywall mud followed by a cruntched up paper towel.

Comment

I think it's a "mud stamp", most ceiling textures are applied using drywall compound. Sometimes the drywall compound is applied with a thick nap roller and then as it starts to set up it's troweled down (knockdown texture). There are many variations, in fact only limited by your imagination and ability to apply it.
          This however this not helping you, I believe your texture is a rubber stamp about 12"x12" square that can usually be mounted to the end of a pole, the drywall compound is applied over a given area and then as it starts to set up the stamp is gently pushed into the compound leaving the impression. Unfortunately it's very difficult to replicate textures after repairs and even harder if you cannot find the textured stamp.

Try calling your local drywall supply company (NOT LOWE'S OR HOME DEPOT), you should be able to take or email them a picture and they should be able to sell you the stamp or roller pattern (I just remembered that there were also rubber rollers that you put on a paint roller and rolled out over the wet drywall compound as well).

Hope this helps you !
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =