Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expansion tank

I had to install an expansion tank and was only able to install it with top down.It is working fine during thermal expanson psi pressure stays normal.Will it still function in a normal fashon even if not wth top up? .this one doesnt use a bladder system.also-and are they precharged pretty well?Any info is appreciated.

yeah there's an air space inside whether up or down.

Comment

Are you sure it doesnt have a bladder ? I havent seen one in a long time that didnt have a bladder . Just wondering

Comment

Im not sure if it does .It doesnt tell on the manual.It is made by watts and is a 2 gal DET-5 or DET-12...precharged at 40psi.

Comment

It has a bladder.
          I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
          Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
          Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
          Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

if so ,can you answer my original question

Comment

The Watts DET-5 M1 Potable Water Expansion Tank. Watts Series DET Potable Water Expansion Tanks are designed to absorb thermal expansion and to maintain balanced pressure throughout the potable water supply system. Heated water expands, and, in a domestic hot water system, the system may be closed when the potable water system is isolated from the public water supply (one-way valve, pressure reducing valve, backflow preventer, check valve, etc.). Provisions must be made for this expansion. Watts Series DET expansion tanks absorb the increased volume of water created when the hot water storage tank is heated and keeps the system pressure below the relief setting of the T&P relief valve. It is a pre-pressurized steel tank with an expansion membrane that prevents contact of the water with the air in the tank. This prevents loss of air to the water and insures long and trouble-free life for the system. These tanks may be used with all types of Direct Fired Hot Water Heaters (gas, oil or electric) and hot water storage tank.

• DET-5 has 3 /4" male connection, tank volume 2.0 gallons
              • Thermally fused epoxy liner
              • Rugged flexible butyl diaphragm
              • Field adjustable pre-charge
              • In-line and free standing models
              • Made in U.S.A.

Comment

thanks.
                so it will work in any position then? and it is unstalled above the water heater also.

do i need to match the air pressure in the tank to my psi water pressure?it is about 65-70.. the tank 40...
                any info is appreciated

Comment

leave the tank pressure as it is. If down the line you need to increase the pressure use a tire pump and increase it.

Comment

thanks but if line pressure is hitting 75 sometimes 80-spike should the tank be at just 40?...i thought it is to be closer in pressure.is set for 62 on regulator but goes up off/on

Comment

The pressure in the tank is suppose to be a few pounds less than the cut in pressure on the pump control. If you have a pressure control that turns the pump on at 40 pounds then the pressure in the tank should be set at 38 psi. Some manafactures want the expansion tank at least 18 inches away from the water heater

Comment

figured it out

hey..i found out the change in spike was a teed in- stand alone - seperate line off the main going to washer before main incoming entered home.
                        I set regulator on 55 and expansion tank on 45-is that a good set?

I now have to mini regulate that single incoming line -stright to washer cold..Can i use a inline pressure relief valve(brv- by watts) betwen outlet/connection and hose exiting to drain -right there? if so what psi setting?Also would a washer arrestor help cushon the line off/ons and expansionduring the wash cycle?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Comment

At what pressure does your pump turn on and at what pressure does it shut off at. And If they put a tee in the water line out side before it enters the house and connects to the pressure tank that could cause water hammer in the line just from the water going out to the tee and then when the pump comes on it reverses direction back to the pressure tank. A quick closing valve like the kind on a washer will also cause water hammer and you will probably need to install an arrestor on the washing machine cold water line to help stop the water hammer

Comment

Hi
                            the teed line (-before main line in -that is regulated)-goes straight to washer spicket and reads around 80 psi with some jumps to 110-120 on both needles.

- it is electric water heater and is set at 110degrees and is 50 gallon. 55psi inline ,tank 45 .

Comment

put a pressure regulator in your cold water line.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =