Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrors unglued on doors

The folding doors in my bathroom have full length mirrors that are becoming unglued. It looks like they may have used two sided tape initially. It appears to have dried out. Is there any simple way to get them to stick again?

You can buy a tube of "mirror silicone" it's a special silicone (black usually) that you can squeeze out behind the mirror and then push the mirror onto the silicone. This way you can do just the spots where the double sided tape has let go.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks

I'll try to find a store with some- thanks

Comment

may be easier for you to find some plastic mirror clips. these are ninety degree plastic clips that hold your mirror to the wall, door, whatever instead of relying on glue to hold it there. anybody that sells window hardware should have these in stock.

Comment

I think mirror clips are a better choice....

Comment

Look for the brand Mirror Mastic, it is applied with a caulk gun and is specially formulated to adhear mirrors to differnt surfaces. And to add a couple of glass clips sounds like a good idea as well, measure the thickness of the mirror to find the appropriate clip.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =