X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Quiet Series 100 is Making a Grinding Noise

Model #: MDBTT59AWW
    Series#: 20933849CT

A few years ago, my dishwasher started making a grinding noise and the repair guy found pieces of a pistachio nut shell that I must have left on a plate. The repair guy removed a number of parts from the bottom of the dishwasher to get to the shell bits.

For about a year after, the noise was still there but maybe every 6th time I ran the dishwasher. Now for the last few months it's making the grinding sound everytime I run it.

Is it safe to assume that the grinding sound is because something else is caught in the dishwasher? Can this problem burn out the motor? The cycles complete but I sometimes find detergent residue on the dishes in the lower rack.

I would like to fix this myself, any suggestions are definitely appreciated!

Actual inspection needed

Is it safe to assume that the grinding sound is because something else is caught in the dishwasher?
    No, there could also be a problem with the pump's components but just foreign material in it may be a possibility.

sometimes find detergent residue on the dishes in the lower rack.
    Than I would suggest it may not be washing properly either... for whatever reason.

any suggestions are definitely appreciated!
    Someone is going to actually have to open it up to have a look to try to determine the cause of the sounds. There is a service manual available for your dishwasher model if unfamiliar working on them.

LINK > Maytag 'Tall Tub' Dishwasher Service Manual

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Someone is going to actually have to open it up to have a look to try to determine the cause of the sounds.

Do you think it would be easy for a novice to open it up and look around?

BTW - thanks for the link to the manual!

Comment

I'm afraid I have no idea of the abilities of the person involved. Some people could do more harm than good, others might be able to accomplish quite a lot.

You can see exploded view diagrams of your model at the following link. Maybe they'll help you decide if you want to try?

LINK > Maytag MDBTT59AWW Exploded Parts Views

JFYI

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =