Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken front cabinet drawer

Hi folks -- this is the first time I've posted to this forum, I certainly look forward to any helpful advice!

Please see the attached pictures. I have a cabinet drawer, the front panel of which is barely hanging on. I can only open it by tugging at the right corner that's still firmly attached to the rest of the drawer. If I pulled at the drawer from the cracked left corner, it would rip the front panel right off.

So... I want to know what's the best way to fix the front panel so it's firmly in place and attached to the drawer. The actual sides of the drawer appear to be real, lightweight wood, but the front panel is some sort of particle board. I would imagine that maybe some sort of glue would be the easiest fix, but if there were a way to use nails I would definitely welcome that. Ideally, I want it to be strong enough that I wouldn't think twice about pulling at the left corner to open the drawer firmly.

Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you in advance!

remove the drawer completely and use a cabinet clamp to draw the front tightly to the side rails. then take a drill about a 1/16" bit and drill at an angle close to the end of the side rail into the front of the drawer in four places, two on each side. then....... insert a inch and a quarter sheetrock screw and drive it home until the head is admost flush with the side rail. if your angle is good the tip of the screw shouldn't come out the front of the drawer front panel.

Comment

You could also use some Gorilla glue on the area right before you drive in the screws.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =