Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egress window well cover...

I want to purchase a egress window well cover to keep debris/animals from getting in and from humans falling in. I went to a couple big box stores and actually purchased one for $130. I got it home and it is ugly, no way can it support a full grown human, and I cannot open my window with it on (it is the kind that sits on the well). With the way the install worked out the top of the window is a little above the metal well. Therefore, I am looking for a cover that has some sort of walls to build it up a few inches, it would be nice to have a hinged top too. Cost is an issue and $130 was a lot for me right now. I will return that one but am wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks

hmm from what ive seen these covers come at a price and will be hard to find somthing similar for under 130$. i think the only option is to w8 and try to save up some money for it other than that ebay ? havent looked but a possibility

Comment

Dimensions?

Do you have dimensions? It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what will fit. For the most reliable load bearing surface in your price range you could go with a grate cover but you would have to build up the edges of your well in that case because they lie flat and would block your window as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
        Do you have dimensions? It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what will fit. For the most reliable load bearing surface in your price range you could go with a grate cover but you would have to build up the edges of your well in that case because they lie flat and would block your window as well.
        This thread is 3 and a half years old. I just built a pressure treated frame and used acrylic on top.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =