Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Dryer Vent on the outside of house

I have a dryer vent that unfortunately is venting outside right next to the AC Unit that was installed last year. I am selling my house and now the buyer's inspector has indicated the vent needs to be relocated away from the AC Unit. My question is, can I extend the outside vent away from the AC Unit by simply adding an extension hose to where the vent current leaves the house, and put the trap at the end of that extension? Will this meet code?

Ask the inspector

Originally posted by Chris'ventproblems
    can I extend the outside vent away from the AC Unit by simply adding an extension hose to where the vent current leaves the house, and put the trap at the end of that extension? Will this meet code?
    It shouldn't affect operation of the dryer *if the total vent length* (taking into account the number of elbows and material it is made from - see the following link) does not exceed the manufacturer's recommendations for the particular dryer model involved. We have no way of knowing the particulars of the existing vent to tell you whether any extension is possible.

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

BTW. I hope by "put the trap at the end" you are just referring to a vent hood.

Will this meet code?
    For that answer you'd have to ask the building inspector or the local regulating authority (ie. the city). My experience is with the appliance itself.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =