Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.E. Ice maker issue

Hello Looking for someone that might have an idea of whats got me stumpt on a G.E. icemaker. It reads can 3 for a model#.It's an old one with the small and large gears behind the white front cover and puts out half circle cubes. I have a decent schematic and pictured diagram and have been at this for a while and it is frustrating as everything checks out ok.The first check revealed a defective thermostat as it was open when warm or frozen and now it opens and closes correctly after replacement. Will the heater work if a lamp cord is plugged in the wall and the terminals are attached to each end of the heater? The motor works,microswiches test per specs,thermostat,heater,tco all have continuity. The wiring and color is correct per diagram . Im now wondering about the power. The ice maker has 4 pins,Green is obviously ground, white to the water solinoid,brown is 125v,and I think orange is common since no voltage is present,Why orange? The tray fills with water and freezes the thermostat closes but there is no dump cycle which tells me that circuit to the motor is open somewhere when the thermostat closes. Is there a reverse polarity switch with the motor during the complete cycle of the icemaker? I would appreciate anyones input that might make the bell ring as im missing a piece of the puzzle. Thanks in advance........

check the bail wire that contacts the ice in the bin. when the bin is full the bail wire raises and falls and if there's ice in the hopper, it shuts down the fill, harvest cycle.

Comment

G.E. ice maker issue

Yes i checked that and the connecting micro switch. I cant be 100% sure because the spring is secured by the front cover and that has to be taken off to test the switches.When i raise and lower the arm i can hear the switch clicking through the hole on the metal cover behind the cube adjustment, so i assume its good because the switch tested ok. The newer ice makers from what i have heard now have test holes on the front so you can isolate the the fault while everything is together and plugged in.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =