Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Fan on Monitor 441

I have a monitor 441 that the fan has started to sound like a bearing is going out. Anybody dealt with this. Can you replace the bearings or do you need to replace the fan? Thanks.

which fan? main or combustion blower?

Comment

Monitor 441 noisy fan

It is the main fan. Thanks

Comment

bearings in the main fan are the same used in the combustion blower. 608Z bearings are the same type used in in-line skates. use a bearing puller to get the old ones off. heat the new bearings over a 150 watt light bulb until they slide into place on the motor shaft. hold in place until they shrink onto the shaft. a brand new fan will cost you $145 plus.

Comment

Monitor 441 noisy fan response from Monitor

Just for passing along info. This was the response I got from the monitor Technical desk:

"Before I can answer your question I must know a few things first.
          First is it your combustion motor or your circulation motor, if it is
          circulation motor there are two types out there one with bearings and one
          with bushings, if it is the one with bushings then there will be a little
          rubber plug that you can oil it, and that is what you should do first (oil
          it and see if the sound goes away) if it doesn't fix it then you will need a
          new motor. If it is the combustion motor or the circulation motor with out
          the rubber plug for oiling then yes you can change the bearings. In that
          case the company you go to for ordering would be lucky distributing (800)
          777-5526 and your part number for the bearings would be 6415. If it is a
          motor you need let me know and I will give you the part number for which
          ever motor you need. Hope this helps and have a great day."

Comment

6415 is just a part number - no bearing cross reference even lists a 6415 bearing. there's a set of letters or letter that accompany a bearing - fafnir is sff or skf, japanese bearings are ngk etc. the number can be cross referenced with little difference except perhaps a dust seal type and material used. the bushings the guy is speaking of is an oil-lite bearing made of porous bronze that sits in a semi solid bearing mount with a felt to retain oil.

Comment

Monitor 441

I finally installed the 441 in my cabin and started it up. The first thing I noticed was the noise is from the combustion motor. The second thing was that after the burners started the circulation fan would eventually start and all the burner bars would light up and it would then shutdown (burner lights flashing). It did this a couple of times after shutting it down and restarting and now the burners will come on (4 bars) briefly and then it just shutsdown (doesn't even go to flashing bars). Any thoughts?

Comment

the combustion blower provides air to the burn chamber (pot). if the air flow is insufficient then the flame will create soot. the soot will fill the pot and coat everything inside it, including the flame rod. also because of insufficient air the heater will overheat and the plenum overtemperature limits will kick out. the computer will shut down the heater. the unit power plug needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset the board. change the bearings with 608Z bearings.

Comment

Monitor 441

My Monitor 441 is acting up. It has been working fine and today when starting up I got 3bars and appears to be lighting off (there is some heat) but then it quits. It never heats up and gives you all bars with the fan kicking in. Any ideas. Thanks

Comment

what have you done to the heater prior to this heater lockout? I read through the whole thread starting at posting #1. a few things to check: unplug the heater. unscrew the fuel tube gland nut and gently pull out the tube from the combustion pot. stick something small in the fuel tube in the pot to clean out any solidified soot and carbon. it should go in about three inches. with the fuel tube out of the pot, place the tube into a small can or jar and start the heater. when the unit calls for flame see if you get fuel in the can. if you do, shut off the heater and pull out the plug. replace the fuel tube into the pot fitting and plug in the heater and re-start the heater. the pot should start to get warm near the bottom IF the igniter is working. when a flame is established the flame rod should detect the flame and keep the heater working. if the unit shifts into high heat then shuts down you may need to adjust the flame rod to right in between the area between the pot side and burner ring. get back to me on what you find out, please.

Comment

Monitor 441 fix

HayZee,
                      I followed your suggestions and determined that I wasn't getting fuel in the combustion chamber. I backed up and found the strainer in the sump was contaminated. I cleaned it out and the stove is actually working better than before. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =