Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Time

Just an opinion that I need from all of you.....
    I have a Dremmel tool that finally gave out and was in the market to get a new rotary tool. Would you purchase another electric powered tool or an air tool such as a die grinder? The attachments are the same, but I wanted something not only powerful, but long lasting. I have other air tools and with regular oiling, they have been fine for the last few years. That is why I am on the fence about another electric one. From looking at them online, their RPM's aren't as high as the electric, and some of the electrics are labeled with 2 AMPs, for example. What does this mean? Are these more powerful?? Sorry for sounding ignorant when it comes to this stuff, but that is why I am asking before I buy.............

to me it's about convenience. Is it more trouble to use the air power? Also, if you don't need more power than you had before, then why go through any inconvenience to get it?

But if the electric powered ones weren't enough for all jobs, then maybe it's time to consider something new.

Comment

If your air compressor has the needed "cfm's" then go with air. air is more versatile meaning you can use more air tools with an air compressor. a dremel is small and can get into tight places. the 2 AMP is the current draw for the tool. 2 amps times 120 volts equal 240 watts of power.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =