Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating System

Hi there, I,ve just joined this site in the hope I can get some help with a job that I,m doing. Its a standard fully pumped heating system, three zones (one for hot water, one downstairs heating and one upstairs heating) All controlled by a three channel timeclock. The hot water is controlled by a tank stat, the downstairs heating is controlled by a room stat and the upstairs heating works off the clock alone. There is a two port valve for each zone. My problem is that the plumber has installed an additional pump, due to the size of the house. So no matter whether the hot water or the central heating calls for heat, both pumps are running. He reckons with the way he has it plumbed, the other pump will be pumping against nothing and could eventually burn itself out ,if its constantly running. So I need a way of one pump knocking off whilst the other is running and vice versa. Obviously if it were only the one pump it would be happy days but this is new to me and any advice would be much appreciated. cheers.
    steve.

good luck with your project. Hope you don't mind, I deleted your signature, too many links... Welcome to the forum

Comment

Go to your local plumbing supply store and let them recommend a relay switch for your system

Comment

just disconnect the extra pump

Comment

Working...
        X
        =