Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First house, plumbing nightmare, toilet gurgles when shower is running

Hi everyone, well here is my problem. I bought my house a few months ago, everything seemed fine when i purchased it but it did not have a shower head in the master bathroom, i put one of those cheapo "add a shower" deals in and that works fantastic! Problem, i used it for the first time today and i noticed after about 10 seconds the toilet started to gurgle and the tub started to fill up (yes the drain was wide open :P) i replaced the entire drain and trap and it did the same thing. Water went down in the tub over some time, tried to flush the toilet and it just filled the pot up and drained eventually.

While under the house i discovered a droop in the main water line so i re strapped that up and that appears to look really good. This bathroom is at the far end of the house from were the drain pipe leads to the septic tank.

The bathroom closest to the septic tank flushes no problem and fills right away.

What is going on with the back bathroom? Is it a vent pipe issue??

Thanks in advance! Anything i left out just let me know and i'll answer it as quickly as possible!

If the main drain had a sag in it it will probable need to be roto routed, when the drain sags solids tend to build up and restoring fall to the line might not open the flow back up

Comment

Jnass2 gave you good advice!
      Make sure the pitch of the line is maintained at 1/4" per foot and if the problem is not resolved have the line cleaned.

Often a sag in the line will build up with solids or, grease and require cleaning after repair.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Thanks so much, you were right, there was a build up of solids and crud in the line from were it had been sagging, pulled the toilet up, took the auger through the drain lines, and presto, plumbing fixed! Cost me a few bucks in new straps to hang the line correctly and a ew wax seal for the toilet

Comment

Working...
        X
        =